Every dancer is required to complete a registration form containing student information, contact information, and an injury release. It is imperative that this information is on record before any student begins class. Without the proper information or signed release, a dancer will not be permitted to participate during class.
Open observation is not allowed on a weekly basis. Parents are invited to view their dancer's progress in class during a scheduled Observation Week. There are two observation weeks per year. Parent's will be notified of these scheduled observation weeks in advance.
During Observation Week, due to limited space, we ask that only one parent/guardian per dancer attend class. Other children/siblings are not permitted to attend. Please make arrangements for babysitters. No exceptions will be made.
Student Drop-Off and Pick-Up:
Several classes arrive at the same time. At this time, other classes are dismissing. The changing of classes can be very hectic. Each class will have a specific drop-off and pick-up location which will be given to parents before the first day of class. Please adhere to our policies in regards to this to ensure the safety of your child and others. Parents can also help by adhering to the following:
- Bring your dancer dressed and ready for class with proper dance attire, shoes, and hair pulled back
- Arrive on time to class- do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to class and do not be late
- Do not linger in the studio after taking your child into the studio- instructors will help them
- Please notify the studio office if your child will be missing class for any reason
- Check your child's bag before leaving the studio to make sure they have all of their belongings, as well as for any important notes that have been sent home with your dancer
- We ask that you please promptly pick up your child at the end of class
- If a class runs a few minutes over, please wait patiently outside
- Students will be dismissed as a class- please do not enter the classrooms while class is in session
- Instructors must be undistracted as students are leaving- if you have a question, please wait patiently until children have left before approaching the instructor
Check Your Child's Dance Bag!
It is extremely important for parents to check your child's dance bag after each class. Important announcements and newsletters are often shoved inside dance bags and not found until several weeks after parents have missed an important event, etc.
Parents, please also mark dancer's first and last name inside each dance shoe (both to a pair). Do not mark names on the bottoms of shoes as this can be seen when performing on stage. Check your child's bag after each class to make sure your child has all of their dance shoes.